I would like to thank moreissuesthantimemagazine for nominating Shadows and Java for the One Lovely Blog Award. It is much appreciated! Please visit and read her fantastic blog.
For the One Lovely Blog Award, below I’ve listed eight (more or less) facts about myself, as well as shared five writing quotes. I’ve also nominated five other bloggers for the award. There aren’t any rules for this award so nominees are welcome to share eight facts about themselves and pass the award on.
- I’ve been writing for six years now and have published around a dozen short stories and poems.
- Of those, five are (were) published in the now sadly defunct magazines Mindflights, Fear and Trembling, and Ray Gun Revival. So it goes.
- I’m a Whedonite.
- Last November, I (re)discovered Kurt Vonnegut, and I now am unable to to stop reading his books. It may be an addiction.
- Eleven is my favorite Doctor.
- I’m trying really, really hard to get through The Dark Tower. I’m a bit stuck.
- I recently heard about NaNoWriMo and am stoked for November (post on this pending).
- Coffee: I enjoy dark roasts and some light roasts; there’s no middle ground.
- “Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.” -T. S. Eliot
- “I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.” -HAL 9000
- “I thank you God for this most amazing day, for the leaping greenly spirits of trees, and for the blue dream of sky and for everything which is natural, which is infinite, which is yes.” -e. e. cummings
- “If you want to really hurt you parents…the least you can do is go into the arts. I’m not kidding. The arts are not a way to make a living. They are a very human way of making life more bearable. Practicing an art, no matter how well or badly, is a way to make your soul grow, for heaven’s sake. Sing in the shower. Dance to the radio. Tell stories. Write a poem to a friend, even a lousy poem. Do it as well as you possible can. You will get an enormous reward. You will have created something.” – Kurt Vonnegut
- “You can’t wait for inspiration, you have to go after it with a club.” – Jack London
Thanks for reading!